Atlético Goianiense will be hoping to bounce back here following a 2-0 Serie A loss in their previous game against Coritiba.
In that match, Atlético Goianiense had 58% possession and 15 shots at goal with 4 of them on target. At the other end, Coritiba had 13 shots at goal with 5 on target. Alef Manga (45′) and Fabricio Daniel (49′) scored for Coritiba.
It has not been often in recent times where Atlético Goianiense have shown defensive steel. The reality is that Atlético Goianiense have failed to prevent opponents from scoring in 6 of their previous 6 clashes, shipping 10 goals on the way.
Analysis of their past results shows that Atlético Goianiense:
- haven’t been beaten in the league by Internacional in their last 4 matches.
- are without a home win in the past 2 league matches.
Internacional will come into the match following a 1-0 Serie A win as they beat Cuiabá in their previous game.
In that game, Internacional had 68% possession and 16 shots on goal with 3 on target. The only player to score for Internacional was Alexandre Alemão (68′). At the other end, Cuiabá had 1 shots at goal with 0 on target.
A series of very capable showings from the Internacional defensive players has seen their ‘goals against’ tally amounting to 2 from their past 6 outings in total. In that period, their own forwards have managed to score 11. We will see whether or not that trend will be sustained in this game.
Their prior results show that Internacional:
- haven’t won against Atlético Goianiense in away games against them for the last 3 league games.
- haven’t been beaten by Atlético Goianiense in games played away from home for the previous 2 league matches.
- have not been beaten in their last 2 league matches away from home.
This match will be played on 19/09/2022 at 23:00